تبحث صوت عن مسؤول برامج للانضمام للفريق للعمل على كتابة المقترحات، التقارير، وإدارة المشاريع المختلفة. تجدون أدناه التفاصيل باللغة الإنجليزية
Sowt is recruiting a program officer. This position will play an important role in our work and the future direction of the organization. The ideal candidate would have experience in project management, proposal grant writing, reporting and professional communication. The successful candidate should also be excited about producing innovative digital audio storytelling.
The program officer will work with the executive director, program manager, and business development manager on a number of projects and will be required to write and communicate with multiple partners/clients.
The program officer will have:
- Excellent reading / writing / editing skills in English AND Arabic
- Advanced research skills beyond Google and Wikipedia
- Prior grant writing experience, and/or creative writing experience
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral
- Digital workspace: Slack, team drives, google docs and email ninja
- Prior experience with EU / UN / other international organizations, or international businesses or media organizations
- Ability to work within a team and coordinate with other team members
- Interest in podcasts and listening to eclectic types of music
- Location: Anywhere within a few hours timezone of Amman, Jordan
- Communicating with funders, donors and clients
- Writing grants, proposals with partners on possible projects
- Travel (if it ever returns) when required to conferences and meetings around the region
- Representing Sowt at events, meetings, conferences and speaking publicly about our work
- Contributing to the team with ideas, advice, critique and editorial ideas
- Conducting research about topics, ideas and concepts
- Able to comment on episode scripts, be aware of the general podcasting and media industry trends and political, economic and social situations in the Arab world
- Support Sowt team to excel and complete our mission and tasks through administrative tasks
We are a small team, so we often wear multiple hats. The successful candidate would be expected to do many things from sometimes making coffee (if Amman-based), preparing financial documents and communicating with important partners / clients / donors (maybe all at the same time). This is a beginner to mid level position, with around 2-5 years experience.
For the interested candidate, email [email protected] with, email subject “Program Officer” a short cover letter, a CV, and two samples. Applications accepted on a rolling basis, hoping to fill by 10 December 2020.
Unfortunately, we cannot respond to each request, thus only select applicants will be contacted. If you haven’t heard from us, consider your application unsuccessful.
Sowt is a leading digital audio production company working across the MENA/SWANA. We produce leading podcasts, operate a podcast ad network (Zamakan), a subscription audio articles product (Safahat), and a membership program (Sowt+). We have our main office and studio in Amman, Jordan but our team is scattered around the Arab world and beyond.