Executive Producer in Sowt
We are looking to hire an Executive Producer to lead Sowt’s next big push and produce multiple original shows and for clients, including creative drama series, investigations and a new news show.
This position will play a leading role in our work and the future direction of the organization. The ideal candidate would have experience in audio/video, script writing, be excited about producing innovative digital audio storytelling.
This is a senior level position for those with significant experience (10 + years) of production, video, production and/or audio. The EP will report to the executive director and manage a team of roughly 6-8 producers, senior producers and sound designers.
We are less interested in experience and degrees and more interested in a proven ability and a drive to create the best digital Arabic audio content possible. We work with a number of partners and organizations and often need to juggle multiple projects.
Specifically, the Executive Producer would need to have the following qualifications, centered around the following containers:
- Editorial - produce compelling texts and scripts (Required)
- Script writing, ninja editor, and excellent story sniffer
- Manage the production process of multiple shows, working with multiple talents
- Work with journalists in their natural habitat
- Review and workshop shows, ideas and concepts with a growing number of external clients and projects
- Work in both Arabic and English
- Human - be able to work closely with an eclectic group of humans (Required)
- Lead a growing team of 12+ full time employees and hundreds of freelancers
- Have a large existing network of journalists and producers in the region
- Manage multiple sound engineers
- Manage production schedules and budgets in coordination with the program manager
- Juggle GSuite, Trello, email, Slack, Whatsapp and whatev new tools will exist
- Production (Required)
- Know your way around Audition/Pro Tools/Logic Pro
- Work with microphones, mixers and general studio equipment
Location: The ideal location would be our recently expanded office in Amman, Jordan. For the exceptional candidate, we’ll consider remote work.
To apply, send a CV and letter of interest to: [email protected]