Business Development Manager
Sowt is looking to hire a Business Development Manager. This position will play an important role in our work and the future direction of the organization. The ideal candidate would have experience in business development, ad sales, and community management.
This position requires a large network of individuals, organizations and companies across the MENA region.
The Business Development Manager will work with the executive director and the business development officer on a number of projects and will be required to write and communicate with multiple partners.
The Business Development Manager will have experience:
- Business management experience, with proven successes
- Financial experience, working with P/L statements and financial software
- Experience with advertising and client relationships
- An interest in building membership programs
- Prior experience with international businesses and media organizations
- Curiosity in audio, podcasts and building profitable and sustainable media organizations
- Excellent reading / writing skills in English AND Arabic
- Advanced research skills beyond Google and Wikipedia
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Digital workspace: Slack, Trello, google docs and email ninja
- Location: our newly expanded office/studio in Amman, Jordan but for the exceptional candidate we will consider remote
- Creating and following up on potential leads, reaching out to clients old and new
- Developing and implementing a membership program
- Communicating with funders, donors and clients
- Writing grants, proposals with partners on possible projects
- Travel when required to events, meetings, conferences both inside Jordan and around the region
- Contributing to the team with ideas, advice, critique and editorial ideas
- Conducting research about topics, ideas for both proposal stages as well as production stage
Compensation will be based on experience. We seek highly energetic and qualified individuals to join an international and diverse team.
For the interested candidate, email [email protected] with an email and subject “Business Development Manager” a short cover letter, and a CV. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to each request, thus only select applicants will be contacted. If you haven’t heard from us, consider your application unsuccessful.